Monday, January 12, 2015

Being Charitable

The charity I want to donate is to the National Eczema Association (NEA). This association is researching the effects that eczema can contain which are itching, infection, skin barrier function, and other conditions that eczema can attract. This organization supports and helps people that have this condition by send then brochures, DVD's and school packs each year. Also, this organization calls in the volunteers that participate in this research and is holding a children's eczema camp that helps the children that have had this condition in their early years of life.

This charity is meaningful to me because I have a sister that has eczema and I also have it as well. I had eczema ever since I was ten years old and my sister had eczema when she was only seven. This condition is not a great one while me and my sister were growing up since the effects were bothering us. The way it would bother us was when a part of my body would get itchy, I would want to start scratching myself where it would itch, but I would hesitate because I knew it would hurt me and my skin will get worse than it was already. My sister did the same thing. She would try to overcome that itchy feeling whenever it would come around.

As the years went by, we started getting use to the itchy feeling and we went to a dermatologist and asked her why our skin would get red and left a nasty rash after we would scratch it. She told us that it was a case of eczema. After she explained it to me and my sister about the condition, we went to a pharmacy and got a lotion that would calm the itchiness and stop it for a while. After months past by, we started seeing a good change in our skin but the eczema would come once in a while whenever there was a cold season or a really hot season. I care about this charity and want it to progress more throughout the years.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment